Apple or Pear - make your choice

My Own Waist to Hip Ratio - Apple vs Pear Shape. This tells me where most of my body fat is located - Ratio: 0.72 - I am pear shaped.

What does it mean to have a pear shaped body?

Study says:
Pear shape (a ratio of less than .80) which means that body fat is located below the waist indicating lower health risk, but fat located in the lower half of the body may be harder to lose during weight loss.

What I don't understand is I am at this point losing weight. So, there is no connection -- that is my body shape to my current state of health

On the other hand, apple shape (a ratio of .80 or greater) means my body fat is located above my waist which indicates a higher health risk for diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and some cancers.



Copyright © 1996, Joanne Larsen, MS RD LD

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C - Sodium Ascorbate

Forgive and Forget?

Through a Timeline No Sham