Universe make my skin healthy again

When I got hypertensive in 2003 and started taking this HB meds, I noticed that whiteheads began growing on my face.. well, I did not exactly have a creamy, silk skin back then.. let's  say my  skin was just alright. So back to the whiteheads, I thought those tiny and pearly white mounds on my face were unsightly.  I should know I used to market dermatologist prepared and tested skin care products.

Those products did miracles for my so-so skin making it  radiant,  supple and  young looking. The thing with facial skin is to to reduce pore size.. good skin means no obvious skin pores. And today at my age :-) I didn't expect whiteheads. Wrinkles, yes, but not these skin kind of imperfections.

So what are e whiteheads?
"Whiteheads are pimples that are filled with pus and this is what gives them their name. Like most acne, whiteheads are formed when excess oil from the sebaceous glands clogs up the pores or hair follicles on the skin. This sebum gets trapped along with other debris and some bacteria which can be airborne or from the skin's surface so that when the trapped sebum and bacteria stay below the skin's surface, a whitehead is formed.
Whiteheads may show up as tiny white spots, or they may be so small that they are invisible to the naked eye. As whiteheads are closed off from the outside air, they remain white. Whiteheads are often found hidden away such as on the forehead under long bangs. If such whiteheads were to open sufficiently to allow the outside air in, they would turn into blackheads".
So how am I now supposed to improve my skin? First, I suspect I have whiteheads because of my hyperthyroid condition.. har har.. but then again, this is how they say I can address the issue although most of this I have been practicing already:

"Keeping your skin clean is important so wash the face gently 2 to 3 times a day with a natural soap or non-soap cleanser and warm water. Use a soft face cloth and pat dry gently.
A gentle shower every day will also help to remove excess oil.  It is vital that you do not pick, scratch, rub or scrub your skin especially if there are any whiteheads or other pimples because this can spread both them and any bacteria on the skin.
If you have to use make up, then make sure it is water-based and not oil-based. All make-up should be carefully removed at bedtime.

Wash your hair frequently and keep off the face as much as possible – avoiding long bangs on the forehead if your skin is inclined to be oily.

Ensuring a strong immune system and a healthy lifestyle will go a long way in preventing whiteheads or lessening the extent of an acne outbreak.

Regular meals with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, eggs and organic meats. Take care to avoid sodas, artificial sweeteners, sugars and refined and processed foods.

Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day to hydrate the skin and get rid of all toxins. A glass of water with a slice of lemon in it will be a natural detox as soon as you wake up in the morning.

Avoid any smoking and make sure you exercise regularly.  Top up your vitamin D levels and improve your skin and appearance with regular doses of sunlight. If the weather is suitable, try and get some 20 minutes of sunlight every day but if not, consider vitamin D3 supplements".

See the full article here

Popular posts from this blog

Vitamin C - Sodium Ascorbate

Forgive and Forget?

Through a Timeline No Sham